Holy Cross has a strong tradition of student leadership. All students at Holy Cross are encouraged to show and develop leadership skills. Our Student Leadership opportunities provide all students with leadership training and skill development as well as opportunities to experience positions of responsibility. Leadership opportunities include: daily classroom jobs, running a lunchtime activity, training to be a Peer Support Leader or a Reading Friend, becoming a SRC representative, joining a Year 6 Committee, being part of the schools Justice Squad or a Year 6 School Leader.
Students relish the opportunity to make decisions, take on responsibility and have an input into the direction of our School. Our teachers value the opinions of the many young and creative minds they are guiding and are constantly amazed by the inspiring ideas and capable organisation of our students.
Students will be identified through a selection process. In their roles as Leaders they will contribute to the school and develop their personal character and leadership skills.
The student should:
- Be a positive role model by exhibiting school values
- Respect school rules and procedures
- Display leadership qualities
- Show initiative and contribute to the promotion of students needs
- Possess communication skills with both peers and adults
- Have an interest in sporting events