An important element of the Religious Life of Holy Cross School is the commitment to Service and Outreach and Social Justice Initiatives. Outreach ministry is the Church at work in God’s name, stretching out to meet needs in the wider community. The core dimensions of Catholic social teaching – justice, mercy and love – are integral to Catholic Education.
There are many ways in which students, teachers and parents take action in their school and in their community, with the list below being just some of the initiatives, causes or events with which Holy Cross is involved.
- Rosie’s sandwiches
- Other fundraising for Rosie’s
- Caritas fundraising eg Shrove Tuesday Pancakes for Caritas
- Catholic Mission – Socktober crazy sock day
- Mission Australia second hand clothes bins
- St Vincent De Paul Christmas hampers in each class
- 10 hour famine
- Parish fundraising for a particular project – The Colour Run
- Social Justice Squad promoting projects
- School garden
- Worm farm, recycling programme
- Weekly positive behaviour focus
- Assistance for families with fees, uniform vouchers etc
- Tree planting